All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis approachable, interdisciplinary text reflects the author's twenty-plus years of experience in the substance abuse field. Comprehensive and broad in its scope, the book parallels the practice process with substance abuse clients, offering a four-stage organization (an overview that includes theoretical foundations, pharmacology, and models; client engagement; screening and assessment; and treatment) that walks students through this process. The book's highly applied nature ensures that students will find an abundance of specific information they can put to use in daily practice.
- Author BiographyJerry Johnson has been teaching in the area of social work for nine years. His areas of specialty include, international social work and community development (Eastern and Central Europe), cross cultural adjustment, community practice, qualitative research and evaluation, and substance abuse. Jerry was awarded the Fulbright Scholarship in 1998-1999 and his international work includes community development in Yeravan, Armenia and Tirana, Albania.
- Author(s)Jerry Johnson
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication12/04/2003
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight702 g
- Width186 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.