Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $32.91Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTeaching correct techniques in track and field can be a challenge, especially for less experienced coaches and physical educators. The broad range of kwledge required to teach and coach so many varied events makes track and field one of the most technically complex sport areas to master. Fundamentals of Track and Field simplifies the learning and teaching process with clear, progressive instruction. Coaches and physical educators will find the book especially useful, answering common questions such as, What sequence of lead-ups and drills should be used? and How do I make my teaching and coaching environment as safe as possible? Written by former Olympic athlete and veteran coach Gerry Carr, this book presents valuable information for teaching and coaching every track and field event, including such frequently excluded events as the 400-meter hurdles, steeplechase, triple jump, hammer throw, and race walking. For each event, the book provides: - step-by-step instructions progressing from basic skills to intermediate techniques;- practice drills to learn and master each essential skill; - troubleshooting tables that list common technique errors and corrections; - coaching tips to improve instruction and organization; and- safety suggestions, performance standards, and assessment tools.Accompanying the written material are nearly 300 high-quality illustrations that show correct technique in sequential detail for each event. Plus, throughout this attractive, reader-friendly book, you'll find special coaching tips to highlight key points. Fundamentals of Track and Field is the best book on the basics in each event. It is the starting point for all those who dream of one day winning a gold medal.
- Author BiographyGerry Carr, PhD, is a professor in the School of Physical Education at the University of Victoria, British Columbia, where he teaches biomechanics to physical educators and coaches. During a noteworthy track and field career, he threw the discus for Great Britain in the Olympic Games and competed for the UCLA Bruins in the discus, shot put, and hammer throw. He has coached and taught track and field to physical educators and elite athletes in Europe, the United States, and Canada.An accomplished writer, Carr has published six books and more than 30 articles on sport and physical education, including Mechanics of Sport: A Practitioner's Guide (Human Kinetics, 1996), and Sport Mechanics for Coaches (Human Kinetics, 2004). Carr resides in Victoria, British Columbia.
- Author(s)Gerry Carr
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication01/05/1999
- SubjectAthletics & Gymnastics
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1999
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Content Note271 black & white illustrations, 14 black & white halftones
- Weight862 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $21.97
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.