All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSo you're ready to spread some fertilizer or perhaps spray some pesticide. Are you using the right chemical for the job? Are you using it in the right way? Are you breaking any environmental regulations? The kwledge level required of turf and agricultural managers when applying chemicals to a variety of sites today is constantly rising. But this book can help you meet the challenge. Written in n-technical language for the practicing manager, it conveys a basic understanding and working kwledge of fundamental chemical properties that relate to daily turfgrass and agricultural management. It gives you the practical kwledge you need to successfully and safely tackle the problem at hand. Complete, up-to-date information provided by two experts in the field cover the subject from A to Z, including new products, regulations, and management techniques.
- Author BiographyL. B. McCARTY, PhD, is Professor of Horticulture specializing in turfgrass science and management at Clemson University in Clemson, South Carolina. During his career, he oversaw the design and construction of The Envirotron, the state-of-the-art research and education turfgrass facility at the University of Florida in Gainesville, where he served as a turfgrass specialist. He has published more than 300 articles dealing with all phases of turfgrass management and has given more than 500 presentations on the subject. IAN R. RODRIGUEZ is a PhD candidate in the Department of Horticulture at Clemson University. B. TODD BUNNELL is a graduate research assistant pursuing a PhD in plant physiology (with turfgrass emphasis) at Clemson University. He has published numerous articles and presented research findings at conferences worldwide. F. CLINT WALTZ is Assistant Professor of Crop and Soil Sciences at the University of Georgia in Griffin. He has worked in golf course maintenance for more than two years at the Augusta National Golf Club.
- Author(s)B. Todd Bunnell,F. Clint Waltz,Ian R. Rodriguez,L.B. McCarty
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication06/06/2003
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Notereferences, index
- Weight1002 g
- Width188 mm
- Height261 mm
- Spine26 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.