All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis book addresses herbicides and their use as an important aspect of modern weed management and strives to place them in an ecological framework. Many weed scientists believe agriculture is a continuing struggle with weeds--without good weed control, good and profitable agriculture is impossible. Each agricultural discipline sees itself as central to agriculture's success and continued progress, and weed science is exception. While t denying the importance of weed management to successful agriculture, this book places it in a larger ecological context. The roles of culture, ecomics, and politics in weed management are also discussed, enabling scientists and students to understand the larger effects on society.
- Author BiographyRobert L. Zimdahl is a Professor of Weed Science at Colorado State University. He received his Ph.D. in Agronomy from Oregon State University. Among his many honors and awards, Dr. Zimdahl was elected a Fellow of the Weed Science Society of America in 1986 and currently serves as editor of that society's journal, Weed Science. He has been a member of several international task forces and has authored a number of books and articles on the subject of weed science.
- Author(s)Robert L. Zimdahl
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication23/09/2013
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1490 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.