Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $222.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $56.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis study brings an original slant to the complex and much-debated question of the proper role of government in the ecomic sphere. Representing a broad range of disciplinary and ideological approaches, the authors identify and explore the most fundamental propositions concerning the ecomic role of government, as well as the generalizations, major themes, and conclusions that can be drawn from them. The essays focus on the deep levels of political and ecomic organization and on the values and underlying assumptions that are the bases of the institution of government. Written by a distinguished group of specialists, the work approaches the issue multidimensionally--from the standpoint of social science, history, law, and philosophy. Not mere ideological exercises, the essays focus on the deep levels of political and ecomic organization and on the values and underlying assumptions that are the bases of the institution of government. Connections between the government's ecomic role and ideology, free enterprise, power politics, and group interests are considered together with the constitutional implications of governmental ecomic powers. Other issues addressed include the changing ecomic role of government, contradictions and ambiguities in the government's ecomic functions, rules governing ecomic activity, and the role of ecomists in government. Providing a diversity of viewpoints and a wealth of fresh insights, this book can be used in graduate and undergraduate courses in ecomics, political science, philosophy, and law, and will appeal to the informed general worker.
- Author BiographyWARREN J. SAMUELS is Professor of Economics at Michigan State University. He is the author of Corporations and Society (Greenwood Press, 1987), The Classical Theory of Economic Policy and Pareto on Policy and is the editor of The Law of Power, Law and Economics and Taxing and Spending Policy, among others. His most recent articles have been published in the Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Journal of Economic Issues, and International Review of Law and Economics.
- Date of Publication11/09/1989
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleContributions in Economics & Economic History
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 98
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight568 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byWarren J. Samuels
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.