All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers the first English translation of the funerary speech for John Chyrsostom delivered by one of his former clergy in a city close to Constantiple in the autumn of 407 when news arrived of John's death on a forced march in eastern Asia Mir. The speech is the earliest and fullest account of John's activities as bishop of Constantiple between 397 and 404. It replaces the slightly later Historical Dialogue on John by Palladius as the prime source for John in Constantiple The translators are both Late Roman Historians, and their introduction and tes illustrate the importance of this new text, which was first edited critically and published as recently as 2007.
- Author BiographyTimothy D. Barnes is Honorary Professorial Fellow at the University of Edinburgh. George Bevan is Assistant Professor at Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario.
- PublisherLiverpool University Press
- Date of Publication24/05/2013
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Series TitleTranslated Texts for Historians
- Series Part/Volume Numberv.60
- Place of PublicationLiverpool
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLiverpool University Press
- Content Note1 map (black and white)
- Weight381 g
- Width147 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.