All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionThe temperate regions of Europe (including Britain) and North America have the perfect climate for some of the most delicious wild mushrooms in the world. They grow in our woods, pastures and hedges by the bucketful, and many of the most common species are supremely edible. Interest in wild mushrooms is increasing, fuelled by the gastromic revolution of the past 30 years. What could be more 'natural', 'local' or have fewer food miles than a home-gathered Chanterelle? The problem is that with so little indigeus fungal lore, most people have idea where to start looking for edible mushrooms. This is where Fungi Forays comes into its own. Starting with key habitats such as woodlands and pastures, it shows would-be mushroom hunters the best places to find their quarry and how to pick out the key species, using a series of identification spreads. As additional bonuses, the book is wrapped in a durable plastic wallet, and includes a fold-out insert containing at-a-glance illustrations to help with quick identification in the field. Whether you are searching for Chanterelles, Porcini or even truffles, this book is an essential aid in the field for any fungal foray.
- Author BiographyAn environmental writer and fungi fanatic, Daniel Butler has been running fungi forays in mid-Wales for over 12 years. He regularly lectures on mushroom collection and has catalogued pictures of hundreds of species. A freelance writer since 1990, he has written three books and was editor of Tree News. He lives near Rhayader in Powys, Wales.
- Author(s)Daniel Butler
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/07/2012
- SubjectNatural History: Plants
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNew Holland Publishers Ltd
- Content Note120 colour photographs
- Weight241 g
- Width128 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.