All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.75Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionA 2013 International Rubery Book Award winner. From the glamorous world of television production - working on some of the BBC's hottest dramas and educational programmes - Sophie is torn between her love of Africa and returning to England for the sake of her career. But when she falls ill on the set of a show she is directing, she soon finds herself stuck in bed, forced to take stock of her life. It sounds like a vel. But it isn't. Suspecting Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Sophie's doctor at the BBC prescribes an extraordinary treatment: write a diary. So, armed with watercolours, and with the support of her family, friends, dogs and otters in rural Gloucestershire, she sets out to record a spiritual journey, which proves at times funny, poignant and uplifting. Our readers and judges thoroughly enjoyed your book. It was agreed among all the judges that you write with great style and insight and are a worthy winner. The International Rubery Book Award 2013 This charming, funny, beautifully illustrated book would make anyone feel better. Jilly Cooper, Author .. .all plaudits to you for trying to describe and find humour in your darkest hour. Clare Francis, Author I've just finished your book. I do congratulate you on a quite splendid achievement. The whole read is such fun, so joyful, so funny and so touching. I found it very lovable... I was quite enraptured by your lovely piece of work. Well done indeed. Richard Pilbrow, CEO Theatre Projects, Connecticut USA Your writing is so delightfully open and funny and full of fun. It's a breath of fresh air while also giving courage and perspective to others who struggle with long hard trials. Wendy Chandler, South Africa I am completely loving 'Funnily Eugh' in fact I have nearly finished it and cant wait for the next book. I will take my copy to the Seychelles. I relate so much to everything you are writing about and it really is amazing - such insights into life. Well done. It is just my kind of book. Sarah Collins, South Africa.
- Author BiographySophie Neville became inadvertently well known as a child when she starred as Titty in the 1974 feature film of Arthur Ransome's book Swallows and Amazons. After that sunshiny time she went on to work for the BBC behind the camera on television programmes such as Gerald Durrell's My Family and Other Animals, Doctor Who and Eastenders. Having produced her own Inset series for BBC2 she was busy directing her second drama serial for children when she conked out, going down with a mystery illness. Sophie now lives on the south coast of England with her husband and enjoys trying to grow plants with pink flowers. Every year she disappears for a while to ride in different parts of the world and has also been known to go sailing, but only when the sun shines.
- Author(s)Sophie Neville
- Date of Publication01/10/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight513 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.