All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionFunny Little Stories is a collection of nine stories representing the Plains Cree, Woods Cree, and Swampy Cree dialects, with a pronunciation guide and a Cree-to-English glossary. Students and Elders come together in this volume to offer samples of three distinct genres of Cree storytelling: word play, humorous accounts of life experiences, and traditional stories about Wisahkecahk, the trickster-hero. Each story is illustrated and is presented in both Standard Roman Orthography and syllabics, with English translation.
- Author BiographyArok Wolvengrey is Department Head, Associate Professor, and Linguistics Program Coordinator at the First Nations University of Canada in Regina.
- PublisherUniversity of Regina Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2007
- Place of PublicationRegina
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Regina Press
- Content Noteb/w illus
- Weight200 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byArok Wolvengrey
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.