Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.99Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.04
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
About this product
- DescriptionSet between the years 1938-48, this is the story of three generations of women living in the same house during the war years. Aggie, the grandmother, is a strong matriarchal figure, who keeps the family together - until her age begins to get to her and Grace, the main central character, starts to look after her. Hetty, the mother, is happily married to Sam but they are tragically killed when a bomb hits the cinema they are in. Grace, Vi and Polly are the daughters whose lives are particularly affected by the outbreak of war and we see how they cope with air raid sirens, rationing, war work - and love.
- Author BiographyAnna King was born in the East End of London and grew up in Hackney. Now married, she lives in Kent with her husband and two children.
- Author(s)Anna King
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication04/08/2011
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight204 g
- Width109 mm
- Height177 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
Most relevant reviews
- jewellmarg729 Mar, 2016by
This book is one that i have foregone watching television. A great book
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.