All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDogs are amazing teachers and when the student is ready to learn, life changing things can happen. Gila's story is one of a perfectionist and workaholic who turned her love of dogs into a 7 figure a year business only to wake up one day stressed, exhausted, unfulfilled, and unhappy. Ready to reclaim her happiness and design a life worth barking about, Gila realized the answers she sought had been in front of her all along. Part-memoir, part personal growth, Gila vulnerably shares stories that embrace anecdotal lessons taught by the four dogs who have shared her life over the past 18 years. Gila opens up about the process she has taken in order to chase her dreams, focus on renewed passions, make time for play, create an impactful legacy, and unleash a simpler, happier life...inspired by Dog.
- Author BiographyGila grew up in Northern Virginia and attended Virginia Tech University where she graduated with a degree in Secondary Education in 1987. Her teaching career began in a suburb of Baltimore, MD immediately thereafter. It was to be a short-lived career because she soon attended a bid-for-bachelors fundraiser auction where, with her VISA card, she purchased her future husband. His naval career was not particularly compatible with her teaching career, and the latter effectively ended when they married in 1989 and proceeded to move about every two or three years. In 2006, they moved to their final Navy duty station in Seal Beach, CA, and stayed there afterward to give their daughter some geographic stability, to build the Dog is Good business, and because the weather is perfect. Over the years, in addition to supporting a stressful navy lifestyle, Gila always had some sort of sales gig going on. After she convinced Jon that they needed to adopt a Dalmatian puppy, Gila learned she really liked dogs and decided to pursue a career as a dog trainer. She immersed herself in the study and application of the science of canine behavior and quickly became the go-to dog trainer wherever she moved (much to the disappointment of the third human Kurtz family member, daughter Abby). The Dog is Good business evolved slowly from an idea in 2005 to a part-time business in 2007, to a full-fledged operation in a small warehouse in 2009. Dog is Good is now a nationally recognized brand, renowned for clever and poignant messaging that resonates with dog lovers. The business has won numerous awards in both the pet and gift industries, including the coveted Louie award in 2011 from the Greeting Card Association. Gila has been the recipient of several business awards, including recognition as one of the top 25 Women of Influence in the Pet Industry (2015) by Pet Age. In addition to her role as VP of Sales for Dog is Good, Puppy Training Expert, and Number One Fan to daughter Abby, Gila speaks professionally on life lessons learned: inspired by dog, overcoming small business challenges, and on best practice parenting strategies to raise your child like a dog. Her interests include running, weight lifting, hiking, any outdoor activity, reading non-fiction, baking, watching her daughter perform on stage, and-of course-beach time with her dogs. A recurring theme with Gila is that Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.
- Author(s)Gila Kurtz
- PublisherCrescendo Publishing, LLC
- Date of Publication20/10/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCrescendo Publishing, LLC
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight231 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.