Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $40.50Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by angus_robertson
- Est. delivery by 1 Mar
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExplores furniture desitgned by top international architects who have extended their talents to furniture design. 'Furniture by Architects' features an eclectic range of extraordinary and eye-catching furniture designs by leading contemporary architects. Following the tradition of great masters such as Frank Lloyd Wright and Le Corbusier, these top architects and designers have extended their talents to create beautiful and unusual furniture pieces and collections for the rapidly growing and increasingly global market for designer furniture. The furniture pieces showcased in this book include tables, chairs, sofas, benches, cabinets, shelving and lighting fixtures as well as some unique one-off pieces. The featured styles range from futuristic to classical, and geometric to organic, covering the full spectrum of contemporary furniture design. Materials used range from state-of-the-art plastics and the best quality timber to found objects and recycled metals. The book explores why, historically, so many iconic furniture pieces have been designed by architects. Think of Mies van der Rohe's Barcelona Chair and the w ubiquitous Eames Lounge and Ottoman. Essentially, the same fundamental principles used for designing extraordinary buildings can be applied at a much smaller scale to create outstanding pieces of furniture, which embrace form and function to become highly collectable objects of art. Furniture by Architects will appeal to collectors and creators of designer and custom furniture, as well as architects, interior designers and everyone with an interest in high-quality design. SELLING POINTS: - Features furniture designed by top international architects who have extended their talents to furniture design - Features 80 projects by top international architects who have extended their talents to furniture design, including Zaha Hadid Design, Foster + Partners, John Portman and Associates, UNStudio, Fritz Hansen, Swatt | Miers Architects and Griffin Enright Architects and many more, working in locations spanning Singapore, North America, Japan, Europe, Australia and New Zealand - Explores the phemen of architect-designed furniture through history, revealing what makes their designs so unique and enduring 400 col.
- Author BiographyIn almost five years at The Images Publishing Group, Beth Browne has edited more than 40 books on architecture, art, design, gardens and landscaping, craft, cooking and automobiles. She has also compiled of a number of IMAGES' best-selling titles including 100 Country Houses: New Rural Architecture, 21st Century Interiors and 21st Century Architecture: Apartment Living.
- PublisherImages Publishing Group Pty Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2013
- Place of PublicationMulgrave, Victoria
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintImages Publishing Group Pty Ltd
- Content Note400 Colour
- Weight1116 g
- Width235 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byDriss Fatih
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $19.15Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.