All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe poems in Furs Not Mine display Andrea Cohen's masterful craft and lyricism and her keen wit. In Cohen's elegiac shoals, we see how Great griefs are antidotes / for lesser sorrows, and in her strange, surprising narratives, we glimpse a man darting into traffic for a hubcap, meaning to build his dream / vehicle from scrap. These poems, too, have the feel of dreamy constructions, in which bliss from a distance, can look like pain. That's the magic of this collection: it holds loss and promise in the same image - sometimes even the same word.
- Author BiographyANDREA COHEN is the director of The Writers House at Merrimack College and the director of The Blacksmith House Poetry Series in Cambridge, MA. She received an MFA from the University of Iowa. Her awards include a PEN Discovery Award and Glimmer Train s Short Fiction Award.
- Author(s)Andrea Cohen
- PublisherFour Way Books
- Date of Publication07/04/2015
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFour Way Books
- Weight136 g
- Width147 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.