Fusarium Laboratory Manual by Brett A. Summerell, John Leslie (Other book format, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $210.48Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $305.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor the first time in over 20 years, a comprehensive collection of photographs and descriptions of species in the fungal genus Fusarium is available. This laboratory manual provides an overview of the biology of Fusarium and the techniques involved in the isolation, identification and characterization of individual species and the populations in which they occur. It is the first time that genetic, morphological and molecular approaches have been incorporated into a volume devoted to Fusarium identification. The authors include descriptions of species, both new and old, and provide protocols for genetic, morphological and molecular identification techniques. The Fusarium Laboratory Manual also includes some of the evolutionary biology and population genetics thinking that has begun to inform the understanding of agriculturally important fungal pathogens. In addition to practical 'how-to' protocols it also provides guidance in formulating questions and obtaining answers about this very important group of fungi. The need for as many different techniques as possible to be used in the identification and characterization process has never been greater. These approaches have applications to fungi other than those in the genus Fusarium. This volume presents an introduction to the genus Fusarium, the toxins these fungi produce and the diseases they can cause.
- Author BiographyJohn F. Leslie received his Ph.D. in genetics from the University of Wisconsin, Madison in 1979 and is currently a Professor of Plant Pathology and Genetics at Kansas State University. Brett A. Summerell received his Ph.D. in Plant Pathology from the University of Sydney in 1988 at which time he moved to the Royal Botanic Gardens (Sydney, Australia), where he currently is the Director of Science and Public Programs. Drs. Leslie and Summerell organize an annual Fusarium Laboratory Workshop in which participants receive hands-on instruction in the implementation of and the interpretation of results from the techniques described in this manual.
- Author(s)Brett A. Summerell,John Leslie
- PublisherIowa State University Press
- Date of Publication26/07/2006
- FormatOther book format
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationArnes, AI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIowa State University Press
- Content Note88
- Weight1156 g
- Width243 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Contained items statementContains Spiral bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.44Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.