All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries urgently need a dramatic increase in electricity production to support rapid ecomic and social development in the coming decades. Yet, the populations of the GCC countries are among the highest users of energy in the world today, due to the harsh climate and to inefficiencies in transmission and consumption. In this volume, experts discuss the future composition of the Gulf energy sector, the challenges faced in meeting growing energy requirements, the need for greater energy conservation, and ways of reducing the anticipated surge in demand. The region will depend on a variety of energy sources, including alternatives such as renewable energy, and nuclear energy - which, in a vitally important region such as the Gulf, will have technical, geopolitical and strategic concerns that must be addressed.
- Author BiographyThe Emirates Center for Strategic Studies and Research is based in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Author(s)The Emirates Center for Strategic Studies and Research
- PublisherEmirates Centre for Strategic Studies & Research, Abu Dhabi
- Date of Publication30/03/2009
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Place of PublicationAbu Dhabi
- Country of PublicationUnited Arab Emirates
- ImprintEmirates Centre for Strategic Studies & Research, Abu Dhabi
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight885 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.44Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.47Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.