All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn October 1975, while the United States was still acutely feeling the aftermath of the 1973 Arab Oil Embargo, the General Motors Research Laboratories held its nineteenth annual symposium. The proceedings of this timely symposium on Future Automotive Fuels - Prospects, Performance, and Perspective are reported in this book. We hope that it will serve t only as a permanent record of the papers and discussions, but also as a stimulus and inspiration for ideas, research, and development in the vital field of automotive fuels. The ecomy of the United States and the lifestyle of her people are woven together with energy into a unique fabric. Reducing the energy content of this fabric weakens it and can even destroy it. The Oil Embargo stunningly demonstrated how easy it is to attack this fabric, and exposed for all to see its greatest weaknes- reliance on imported petroleum. Since petroleum is the only current source of automotive fuels, and cars and trucks consume about 43 percent of the petroleum used in the United States, the Oil Embargo had its most profound and dramatic on automotive transportation: First there were long lines at service stations, impact and then idle lines in car assembly plants and long lines at unemployment offices. Against this grim setting, we planned the symposium on automotive fuels for the future.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/12/2012
- SubjectOther Specific Technologies
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight741 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byJoseph Colucci
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1977
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.48New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.