All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $17.79Free postage
- AU $20.14Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the New York Times Bestseller. Techlogical advances have benefited our world in immeasurable ways, but there is an omius flip side. Criminals are often the earliest, and most invative, adopters of techlogy and modern times have led to modern crimes. Today's criminals are stealing identities, draining online bank-accounts and wiping out computer servers. It's disturbingly easy to activate baby cam monitors to spy on families, pacemakers can be hacked to deliver a lethal jolt, and thieves are analyzing your social media in order to determine the best time for a home invasion. Meanwhile, 3D printers produce AK-47s, terrorists can download the recipe for the Ebola virus, and drug cartels are building drones. This is just the beginning of the tsunami of techlogical threats coming our way. In Future Crimes, Marc Goodman rips open his database of hundreds of real cases to give us front-row access to these impending perils. Reading like a sci-fi thriller, but based in startling fact, Goodman raises tough questions about the expanding role of techlogy in our lives. Future Crimes is a call to action for better security measures worldwide, but most importantly, will empower readers to protect themselves against these looming techlogical threats - before it's too late.
- Author BiographyMarc Goodman has spent a career in law enforcement, including working as a street police officer, a senior adviser to Interpol, a futurist-in-residence with the FBI and training police forces in dozens of countries around the world, including the Metropolitan Police. As the founder of the Future Crimes Institute and the Chair for Policy, Law, and Ethics at Silicon Valley's Singularity University, he continues to investigate the intriguing and often terrifying intersection of science and security, uncovering nascent threats and combating the darker sides of technology.
- Author(s)Marc Goodman
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication10/03/2016
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCorgi Books
- Weight474 g
- Width127 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine42 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.