All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFuture Internet Services and Service Architectures presents state-of-the-art results in services and service architectures based on designs for the future Internet and related emerging networks. The discussions include techlogy issues, key services, business models, and security. The work describes important trends and directions. Future Internet Services and Service Architectures is intended to provide readers with a comprehensive reference for the most current developments in the field. It offers broad coverage of important topics with twenty chapters covering both techlogy and applications written by international experts. The 20 chapters of Future Internet Services and Service Architectures are organized into the following five sections: 1. Future Internet Services -- This section contains four chapters which present recent proposals for a new architecture for the Internet, with service delivery in the Future Internet as the key focus. 2. Peer-to-Peer Services -- Using the P2P network overlay as a service platform, five chapters explore the P2P architecture and its use for streaming services, communication services, and service discovery. 3. Virtualization -- Virtualization and its benefits for resource management, supporting hetereogeneity, and isolation are the basis for five chapters which describe virtualization at the endpoint, in the cloud, and in the network. 4. Event-Distribution -- Publish/Subscribe mechanisms are important for applications which require time-sensitive delivery of tifications. The two chapters in this section present recent developments in publish/subscribe load balancing and in sensor networks. 5. VANETs - Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks (VANETs) are a network techlogy which are designed for vehicle-to-vehicle and vehicle-to-infrastructure connectivity for moving vehicles. The four chapters in this section provide an introduction to VANETs, routing, services and system architecture. Future Internet Services and Service Architectures is complemented by a separate volume, Advances in Next Generation Services and Service Architectures, which covers emerging services and service architectures, IPTV, context awareness, and security.
- Author BiographyAnand R. Prasad, Ph.D. & Ir., Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands, CISSP, Senior Member IEEE and Member ACM, is a NEC Certified Professional (NCP) and works as a Senior Expert at NEC Corporation, Japan, where he leads the security activity in 3GPP. Anand is Member of the Governing Council of Global ICT Standardisation Forum for India (GISFI) where he also chairs the Green ICT group and founded the Security SIG. He has several years of professional experience in all aspects of wireless networking industry. Anand has applied for over 30 patents, has co-authored 3 books and authored over 50 peer reviewed papers in international journals and conferences. He is also active in several conferences as program committee member. Dr. John Buford is a Research Scientist with Avaya Labs Research. He is co-author of the book P2P Networking and Applications (Morgan Kaufman, 2008), co-editor of the Handbook of Peer-to-Peer Networking (Springer-Verlag, 2009) and has co-authored more than 120 refereed publications. He has been TPC chair or TPC co-Chair of more than ten conferences and workshops. He is a member of the editorial board of the Journal of Peer-to-Peer Networking and Applications, the Journal of Communications, and the International Journal of Digital Multimedia Broadcasting. He is an IEEE Senior Member and is co-chair of the IRTF Scalable Adaptive Multicast Research Group. Dr. Buford holds the PhD degree from Graz University of Technology, Austria, and MS and BS degrees from MIT. Vijay K. Gurbani works for the Security Technology Research Group at Bell Laboratories, the research arm of Alcatel-Lucent. He holds a B.Sc. in Computer Science with a minor in Mathematics, a M.Sc. in Computer Science, both from Bradley University; and a Ph.D. in Computer Science from Illinois Institute of Technology. Vijay's current work focuses on security aspects of Internet multimedia session protocols and peer-to- peer (P2P) networks. He is the author of over 45 journal papers and conference proceedings, five books, and 11 Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) RFCs. He is currently the co-chair of the Application Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) Working Group in the IETF, which is designing a protocol to enable efficient communications between peers in a peer-to-peer system. Vijay's research interests are Internet telephony services, Internet telephony signaling protocols, security of Internet telephony protocols and services, and P2P networks and their application to various domains. Vijay holds three patent and has nine applications pending with the US Patent Office. He is a senior member of the ACM and a member of the IEEE Computer Society.
- PublisherRiver Publishers
- Date of Publication31/05/2011
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Series TitleRiver Publishers Series in Communications
- Place of PublicationGistrup
- Country of PublicationDenmark
- ImprintRiver Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight851 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byAnand R. Prasad,John F. Buford,Vijay K. Gurbani
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.