Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.73Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionFuture Matters concerns contemporary approaches to the future - how the future is kwn, created and minded. In a social world whose pace continues to accelerate the future becomes an increasingly difficult terrain. While the focus of social life is narrowing down to the present, the futures we create on a daily basis cast ever longer shadows. Future Matters addresses this paradox and its deep ethical implications.
- Author BiographyBarbara Adam (PhD) is Professor of Sociology and Cardiff University. She has published extensively, e.g. 'Time' (Polity, 2004). Since 2003 she holds an ESRC (Economic and Social Research Council, UK) Professorial Fellowship to research the social future, which involves study of how we create and know the future, on the one hand, and how we take responsibility for it, on the other. Chris Groves (PhD Philosophy, University of Warwick, 2000) is Research Associate, ESRC Professorial Fellowship In Pursuit of the Future, School of Social Sciences, Cardiff University.
- Author(s)Barbara Adam,Chris Groves
- Date of Publication30/09/2007
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleSupplements to the Study of Time
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 3
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight495 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.