Future Schools: Innovative Design for Existing and New Buildings by RIBA Publishing (Paperback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $78.27Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $97.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUniquely Future Schools t only provides design guidance on themes in schools architecture and a wealth of recent invative projects drawn from the UK but also an understanding of the socio-political and ecomic context that any practice must work within when taking on a schools project.It balances beautiful visuals and invative case studies with in-depth discussion of the thought processes and issues to consider in good school design. Reflecting on ambitious projects during the BSF period of high investment and post-BSF creativity and invation during austerity it considers the next phase of school design shaped by growing student numbers, diversity in project types and routes and the growing opportunities for smaller practices as work on existing buildings becomes more common. Edited by an architect specialising in the schools sector and a leading educationalist and featuring contributions from a wealth of designers, clients and experts in school design this book aims to provide fresh ideas as well as experience and hard-earned kwledge from a variety of perspectives. Aimed at architects and designers working in the schools sector or hoping to break into it this guide will also inspire clients, end-users and educationalists who are commissioning and briefing refurbishments, extensions and new schools.
- Author BiographyNick Mirchandani is a RIBA Chartered Architect and a Director of ArchitecturePLB, a practice that specialises in designing for education at all ages, from Early Years to Universities. Since joining the practice in 1997 Nick has focussed almost entirely on the school sector, delivering through a wide range of procurement routes including traditional construction contracts, Design & Build and various forms of Public-Private Partnerships. Nick has been personally involved in over 30 school projects including primary, secondary and 'all-through' facilities as well as a number of Special Needs schools and boarding facilities. He has experience of working in both the state and independent sectors and of new build and remodelling works. With over 15 years' experience of designing and delivering schools Nick is a RIBA accredited 'Client Adviser'. His school designs have been widely published and appear as examples of best practice in official guidance and advisory documents. He regularly speaks at education design conferences and contributes in the architectural and construction press. Dr Sharon Wright is a leading education space planner who has worked on school capital projects since 2002, acting as an Education Adviser to both clients and contractors. She has particular expertise in brief development, design review and evaluation, and has worked on all forms of procurement across primary, secondary and special schools. She has written and spoken about educational design in the UK, Australia and Korea, and has supported numerous design projects in England and in the Middle East. Sharon is a Doctor in Education from King's College London where her research focused on the history of community schooling and lessons for current policy makers. She authored the Department for Education and Skills publication 'Designing Schools for Extended Services' and is a founding co-editor of the online publication 'Learning Spaces'. She has been Managing Director of the not for profit company School Works, and a Senior Associate and interim Chief Executive of the British Council for School Environments. She is an Affiliate member of the RIBA and member of the RIBA Validation Panel as a co-professional.
- PublisherRIBA Publishing
- Date of Publication01/05/2015
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRIBA Enterprises
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight566 g
- Width196 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byNick Mirchandani,Sharon Wright
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.78
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.89
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.38
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.38
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $91.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.