All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis study explores the Future Tactical Truck System (FTTS) as it applies to the sustainment distribution system on the future battlefield. Objective Force logistics on the battlefield is required by the Objective Force Concept White Paper to be sustainable, trainable, versatile, responsive, survivable and agile. The FTTS is scheduled to be the primary transport vehicle that would enable the OF sustainment distribution system. The FTTS, with movement tracking system (MTS) and embedded radio frequency (RF-Tag) techlogy will improve motor transport operations and sustainment. The primary application of these techlogies alone, in and of themselves will t be eugh to meet Objective Force requirements. Changes to doctrine, organization, training, leader development, materials, personnel and facilities (DOTLM-PF) have to be explored to maximize the effectiveness of the FTTS enabled sustainment distribution system in the Objective Force. To investigate and gauge the appropriate changes, analysis is needed to test viable concepts. This study explores four proven logistical concepts from top American corporations; Schneider Trucking Corporation's concepts for fleet management and maintenance management, Burlington Northern Sante Fe Railroad's concept for railcar management and Wal-Mart's concept for distribution management. These concepts are applied to a FTTS sustainment distribution model and analyzed through the prism of DOTLM-PF to gain insights on possible changes that meet the Objective Force requirements and maximize effectiveness of the system. Qualitative analysis is used to provide discovery, insight and understanding through the eye of the researcher.
- Author(s)Robert W Curran
- Date of Publication17/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight195 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.