Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionSustainable agriculture, forestry & fishing are essential for food security. Scientists, young and old, from Asia, the Americas, Africa and Europe share the belief that family farms with lively local markets, appropriate techlogy and renewable energies are the future of farming and food systems. Future for Food demonstrates that agricultural and food systems need to be at the very heart of all societies as never before. It is high time to end small-minded policy-making regarding agriculture and make way for the great transition of agriculture and food systems toward sustainability.
- Author BiographyStephan Albrecht established the Centre for Technology Assessment on Modern Biotechnology at the University of Hamburg, Germany. He has published widely on technology, democracy, and sustainable development issues. From 2003 to 2009 he was board member and chairman of the Federation of German Scientists. Reiner Braun is a trained historian and journalist. Since 2006, he has been working as executive director of both the Federation of German Scientists and the German section of the International Association of Lawyers Against Nuclear Arms. In autumn 2013, he was elected president of the International Peace Bureau. Zoe Heuschkel studied nutrition sciences, cultural and social anthropology and landscape ecology. From 2010 to 2012 Heuschkel was project officer of the Future of Food project of the Federation of German Scientists. Francisco Mari is working for the Lutheran Church Development Service, Berlin, Germany, as expert on Agricultural Trade and Fisheries. His focus areas are land tenure and fisheries, especially the role of artisanal fishery for world food security. Julia Pippig graduated in European Studies. Her academic focus lies on European foreign and security policy, global governance and food security. She works for the Federation of German Scientists and is executive board member of INES.
- Author(s)Reiner Braun,Stephan Albrecht
- Publisheroekom - Gesellschaft fur okologische Kommunikation mbH
- Date of Publication01/04/2016
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationMunchen
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2016
- Imprintoekom - Gesellschaft fur okologische Kommunikation mbH
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine2 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.