All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFuzzing for Software Security Testing and Quality Assurance gives software developers a powerful new tool to build secure, high-quality software, and takes a weapon from the malicious hackers' arsenal. This practical resource helps developers think like a software cracker, so they can find and patch flaws in software before harmful viruses, worms, and Trojans can use these vulnerabilities to rampage systems. Traditional software programmers and testers learn how to make fuzzing a standard practice that integrates seamlessly with all development activities. The book progresses through each phase of software development and points out where testing and auditing can tighten security. It surveys all popular commercial fuzzing tools and explains how to select the right one for a software development project. The book also covers those cases where commercial tools fall short and developers need to build their own custom fuzzing tools.
- Author BiographyAri Takanen is the chief technical officer at Codenomicon, a software fuzzing tool company. A noted speaker and author on software testing and security, he is a graduate of Finland's University of Oulo, where he did research with the university's Secure Programming Group. Jared D. DeMott is a software vulnerability researcher, speaker, teacher, and author. He is a leading expert on fuzzing and fuzzing tools. He earned an M.S. in computer science from Johns Hopkins University and is a Ph.D. candidate at Michigan State University. Charlie Miller is principal analyst at Independent Security Evaluators. Previously, he spent five years at the National Security Agency. He is probably best known as the first to publicly create a remote exploit against the iPhone. Dr. Miller is also a frequent speaker at major computer security conferences. He earned his Ph.D. from the University of Notre Dame.
- Author(s)Ari Takanen,Charles Miller,Jared D. DeMott
- PublisherArtech House Publishers
- Date of Publication30/06/2008
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationNorwood
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintArtech House Publishers
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight759 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.