All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionGIS Research Methods: Incorporating Spatial Perspectives shows researchers how to incorporate spatial thinking and geographic information system (GIS) techlogy into research design and analysis. Topics include research design, digital data sources, volunteered geographic information, analysis using GIS, and how to link research results to policy and action. The concepts presented in GIS Research Methods can be applied to projects in a range of social and physical sciences by researchers using GIS for the first time and experienced practitioners looking for new and invative research techniques.
- Author BiographySheila Lakshmi Steinberg is a full professor of social sciences at Brandman University, USA. She received her bachelor's degree at the University of California, Santa Barbara; her master of science degree at the University of California, Berkeley; and her doctorate at The Pennsylvania State University. Her research interests include interdisciplinary research methods, environmental sociology, applied sociology, community, geospatial research (GIS), culture, and policy. Steven J. Steinberg is a principal scientist at the Southern California Coastal Water Research Project, a public environmental research agency. He received his bachelor of science degree from Kent State University, his master of science degree from the University of Michigan, and his doctorate from the University of Minnesota. He applies GIS in both environmental and human contexts, and in a variety of disciplines exploring space and place. The Steinbergs authored Geographic Information Systems for the Social Sciences: Investigating Space and Place (SAGE Publications) in 2005.
- Author(s)Sheila Lakshmi Steinberg,Steven J. Steinberg
- PublisherESRI Press
- Date of Publication30/05/2015
- Place of PublicationRedlands
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintEnvironmental Systems Research Institute Inc.,U.S.
- Content Note140 illustrations
- Weight525 g
- Width203 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.