All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGSM (Global System for Mobile communication) provides a service to more than 500 million users throughout 168 countries worldwide. It is the world market leader serving 69 per cent of all mobile digital users and is currently evolving into UMTS (Universal Mobile Telecommunication System). By describing the critical decisions and the phases of the development this key text explains how the GSM initiative became a success in Europe and how it evolved to the global mobile communication system. Initially the strategy and technical specifications were agreed for Europe and the subsequent evolution to a global solution was achieved by incorporating all n-European requirements and by inviting all committed parties worldwide to participate. The process started in 1982 and the first GSM networks went into commercial service in 1992. The first UMTS networks are expected in 2002 and the fourth generation discussions have begun. Presents a complete technical history of the development of GSM and the early evolution to UMTS Clarifies the creation of the initial GSM second generation system in CEPT GSM, the evolution to a generation 2.5 system in ETSI SMG and the evolution to the Third Generation (UMTS) in ETSI SMG and 3GPP Covers all of the services and system features together with the working methods and organisational aspects GSM and UMTS provides an interesting and informative read and will appeal to everyone involved in the mobile communications market needing to kw how GSM and UMTS techlogies evolved. The accompanying CD-ROM provides nearly 500 reference documents including reports of all standardisation plenary meetings, strategy documents, key decisions, the GSM Memorandum of Understanding and the report of the UMTS Task Force.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication19/10/2001
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIll.
- Weight1144 g
- Width184 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine37 mm
- Edited byFriedhelm Hillebrand
- Contained items statementContains Hardback and CD-ROM
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.