All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionIn this exhaustive and enlightening biography nearly two decades in the making Gerald Martin dexterously traces the life and times of one of the twentieth century s greatest literary titans, Nobel Prize-winner Gabriel Garcia Marquez. Martin chronicles the particulars of an extraordinary life, from his upbringing in backwater Colombia and early journalism career, to the publication of One Hundred Years of Solitude at age forty, and the wealth and fame that followed. Based on interviews with more than three hundred of Garcia Marquez s closest friends, family members, fellow authors, and detractors as well as the many hours Martin spent with Gabo himself the result is a revelation of both the writer and the man. It is as gripping as any of Gabriel Garcia Marquez s powerful journalism, as enthralling as any of his acclaimed and beloved fiction.
- Author BiographyGerald Martin is Andrew W. Mellon Professor Emeritus of Modern Languages at the University of Pittsburgh and Senior Research Professor in Caribbean Studies at London Metropolitan University. For twenty-five years he was the only English-speaking member of the Archives Association of Twentieth-Century Latin American Literature in Paris, and he is a recent president of the International Institute of Ibero-American Literature in the United States. Among his publications are Journeys Through the Labyrinth: Latin American Fiction in the Twentieth Century, a translation and critical edition of Miguel Angel Asturias s Men of Maize, and several contributions to the Cambridge History of Latin America. He lives in England.
- Author(s)Gerald Martin
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Literary
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight612 g
- Width132 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.