Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.68
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $44.26Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.44
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $46.03
- AU $20.59Trending at AU $22.70
About this product
- DescriptionGabriel's Passion is a historic vel about the Franciscan monk in love with the science and his childhood friend, beautiful Lucretia, wife of the bleman. Story is set in the 16. century, the period when Rome was hotbed of sin. For papal throne people paid, bribed and even killed. Diminished church authority was kept together by the inquisition, set up in time when our heroes grew up in the rthern Italy. At the same time, this was the time of enlightenment and reformation. In Saxony, Martin Luther was born, new universities were established in European cities. Gabriel is a true child of his time. Illegitimate son, he is thorn from his young age between love for woman and love for God, whom he also challenges by his desire for kwledge. Night by night in the catacombs of the cathedral Gabriel dissects corpses to learn more about human body. He risks the favor of his superiors, and tests the patience of the inquisition, that does t avoid their town...
- Author BiographyGregor Majdic (born in 1967) is a doctor of veterinary medicine and has a PhD in medicine. He is a scientists, truly devoted to his work and besides that keen outdoor sportsman, enthusiastic traveler, amateur photographer, keen cook and of course, writer. Briefly, one of those people about whom we always wonder where they find the time for everything. Besides writing science articles, he writes popular science articles for different newspapers and magazines in his native Slovenian language. In his first novel Secret of Life (published in 2001 in Slovenian language only) he translated his broad knowledge about genetics and history of science into the literature. His second novel, Gabriel's passion is a fictional work about a Franciscan monk, living at the beginning of the 16. century, at the start of the renaissance period. The book was published in Slovenia in Slovenian language in 2006. Now the author himself translated the book into English, hence the language would benefit from some editing as the author is not a native speaker. Nevertheless, as the book received very good critiques in Slovenia, the author decided to offer it also to English readers.
- Author(s)Gregor Majdic
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication21/08/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight417 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.