Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.06
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
About this product
- DescriptionIt is doubtful that the appearance of a town has changed as much as Galashiels has in the last ten years. Once a town at the centre of the Scottish Tweed and Woollen industry, very few reminders of that age can w be seen. Gala is w a town which concentrates mainly on retail and service industries. However, Galaleans continue to be very proud of their history and roots with many returning annually to the town to celebrate the Braw Lads Day. With the former Scottish College of Textiles w a university campus a new generation of students worldwide come to Galashiels, continuing to be educated in the textile and clothing industry. The images in the book trace the changes that have taken place in Galashiels over a number of years and will hopefully evoke memories for many. It is also a record of what is happening w within this Scottish Borders town.
- Author BiographySheila Scott, a professional photographer in Galashiels for 30 years. She provides a fascinating selection of photographs tracing some of the many ways in which Galashiels has changed over the last century, but in particular over the last few deacdes.
- Author(s)Sheila Scott
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication01/10/2010
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note180
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.