Brand newLOWEST PRICE
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.00+ postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by chromaxe
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe Anzac battlefield on Gallipoli was made for snipers. Scrub, cliffs, spurs and hills meant that both Anzac and Turkish positions often overlooked one ather. The unwary or unlucky were prey to snipers on both sides, and the sudden crack of a gunshot and instant death were an ever-present menace. The most successful and most feared sniper of the Gallipoli campaign was Billy Sing, a Light Horseman from Queensland, who was almost unique among the Australian troops in having a Chinese-born father. A combination of patience, stealth and an amazing eye made him utterly deadly, with the incredible - and horrifying - figure of over 200 credited 'kills'. John Hamilton has written an extraordinary account of a hidden side of the campaign - the snipers' war. Following Sing from his recruitment onwards, Hamilton takes us on a journey into the squalor, dust, blood and heroism of Gallipoli, seen from the unique viewpoint of the sniper. Gallipoli Sniper is a powerful and very different account of war and its effect on those who fight.
- Author BiographyJohn Hamilton is the author of the bestselling Goodbye Cobber, God Bless You.
- Author(s)John Hamilton
- PublisherPan Macmillan Australia
- Date of Publication01/08/2009
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintPan Australia
- Weight308 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Most relevant reviews
- drewnkay1930 Sep, 2015by
Interesting story about Gallipoli -not just about Billy Sing. Very well written. If you are interested in history you will enjoy this.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.