Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGamble is the latest Dick Francis vel and the first solo vel by Felix Francis. Nick Foxton once won the Grand National, but a terrible accident cut his racing career short. Years later, he is returning to Aintree - as a spectator - when he once more finds himself the centre of attention. Minutes before the big race, Nick's colleague, financial adviser Herb Kovak, is shot dead and the gunman vanishes into the crowd. The police want answers but Nick can't explain why anyone would want Herb dead. Yet when he finds a threatening message crumpled in Herb's coat, Nick begins questioning all he kws about his friend. And on learning that he is the benefactor of Herb's will, Nick is certain that something is t right. A fact confirmed when Nick discovers he's next in the killer's firing line. From Felix Francis, the bestselling co-author (with Dick Francis) of Dead Heat and Even Money comes Gamble , the latest Dick Francis vel. Set in the cut-throat world of horse racing, Gamble is an enthralling thriller packed full of suspense, mystery and intrigue. Packed with all the hair-raising suspense and excitement readers kw and love from Dick Francis, Gamble is Felix Francis's most heart-pounding thriller yet. Praise for the Dick Francis vels: The Francis flair is clear for all to see . ( Daily Mail ). Spare, efficient and unflashy ...inexorably draws you in . ( Daily Telegraph ). The master of suspense and intrigue . ( Country Life ). Still the master . ( Racing Post ). Felix Francis is the younger son of thriller-writing legend, Dick Francis, with whom he co-wrote the four most recent Dick Francis Novels, Dead Heat , Silks , Even Money' and Crossfire , with Felix taking an increasingly greater role in the writing Sadly Dick died in February 2010 but his work will live on through Felix. Gamble is Felix's first solo Dick Francis Novel. Felix trained as a physicist and spent seventeen years teaching A level physics before taking on the role as manager to his father, and then as author. He lives in Oxfordshire.
- Author BiographyFelix Francis studied Physics and Electronics at London University and then embarked upon a seventeen-year career teaching Advanced Level Physics. Felix Francis is the younger son of crime writer and National Hunt jockey Dick Francis, and over the past forty years Felix assisted Dick with both the research and the writing of many of his novels. Felix's love of racing, writing talent, and knowledge and experience as a physics teacher was invaluable in the father-and-son writing partnership. Felix has written ten 'Francis' novels, the first, Under Orders, published in 2006. Then followed Dead Heat, Silks, Even Money, Crossfire, Gamble, Bloodline, Refusal, Damage and Felix's tenth novel, Front Runner.
- Author(s)Felix Francis
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication05/07/2012
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleFrancis Thriller
- Series Part/Volume Number45
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Weight298 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine26 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $71.69New
- AU $30.94New
- AU $16.35New
- AU $12.77Used
- AU $79.12New
- AU $18.65New
- AU $109.14New
- AU $22.33New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $30.68
- AU $26.13Trending at AU $30.94
- AU $76.70Trending at AU $79.12
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $21.41
- AU $74.56Trending at AU $82.96
- AU $10.58Trending at AU $16.79
- AU $17.98Trending at AU $20.83
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.