All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionGame AI Pro2: Collected Wisdom of Game AI Professionals presents cutting-edge tips, tricks, and techniques for artificial intelligence (AI) in games, drawn from developers of shipped commercial games as well as some of the best-kwn academics in the field. It contains kwledge, advice, hard-earned wisdom, and insights gathered from across the community of developers and researchers who have devoted themselves to game AI. In this book, 47 expert developers and researchers have come together to bring you their newest advances in game AI, along with twists on proven techniques that have shipped in some of the most successful commercial games of the last few years. The book provides a toolbox of proven techniques that can be applied to many common and t-so-common situations. It is written to be accessible to a broad range of readers. Beginners will find good general coverage of game AI techniques and a number of comprehensive overviews, while intermediate to expert professional game developers will find focused, deeply technical chapters on specific topics of interest to them. * Covers a wide range of AI in games, with topics applicable to almost any game * Touches on most, if t all, of the topics necessary to get started in game AI * Provides real-life case studies of game AI in published commercial games * Gives in-depth, technical solutions from some of the industry's best-kwn games * Includes downloadable demos and/or source code, available at http://www.gameaipro.com
- Author BiographySteve Rabin has been a key figure in the game AI community for over a decade and is currently a principal software engineer at Nintendo of America. After initially working as an AI engineer at several Seattle start-ups, he managed and edited seven game AI books in the Game AI Pro series and the AI Game Programming Wisdom series. He also edited the book Introduction to Game Development and has over two dozen articles published in the Game Programming Gems series. He has been an invited keynote speaker at several AI conferences, founded the AI Game Programmers Guild in 2008, and founded the Game Developers Conference (GDC) AI Summit, where he has been a summit adviser since 2009. Steve is a principal lecturer at the DigiPen Institute of Technology, where he has taught game AI since 2006. He earned a BSc in computer engineering and an MS in computer science, both from the University of Washington.
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication10/06/2015
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note177 black & white illustrations, 20 black & white tables
- Weight1360 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited bySteven Rabin
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.