All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionDesign great Facebook, iOS, and Web games and learn from the experts what makes a game a hit! This invaluable resource shows how to put into action the proven design and marketing techniques from the industry's best game designers, who all started on a small scale. The book walks vice and experienced game designers through the step-by-step process of conceptualizing, designing, launching, and managing a winning game on platforms including Facebook, iOS, and the Web. The book is filled with examples that highlight key design features, explain how to market your game, and illustrate how to turn your design into a money-making venture. * Provides an overview of the most popular game platforms and shows how to design games for each * Contains the basic principles of game design that will help promote growth and potential to generate revenue * Includes interviews with top independent game developers who reveal their success secrets * Offers an analysis of future trends that can open (or close) opportunities for game designers Game Design Secrets provides aspiring game designers a process for planning, designing, marketing, and ultimately making money from new games.
- Author BiographyWagner James Au is an author, consultant, and game designer, and was lead writer/mission designer for City of Eternals, a Facebook-based MMO acquired by Electronic Arts. He's written on the subject of gaming for Inside Social Games, Kotaku, and Wired. His blog New World Notes (nwn.blogs.com) covers gaming, 3D technology, and virtual culture.
- Author(s)Wagner James Au
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication05/10/2012
- SubjectComputer Games: Programming
- Series TitleSecret
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations, ports.
- Weight656 g
- Width189 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.