All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionSports figures cope with a level of celebrity once reserved for the stars of stage and screen. In Game Faces , Sarah K. Fields looks at the legal ramifications of the cases brought by six of them--golfer Tiger Woods, quarterback Joe Montana, college football coach Wally Butts, baseball pitchers Warren Spahn and Don Newcombe, and hockey enforcer Tony Twist--when faced with what they considered attacks on their privacy and image. Placing each case in its historical and legal context, Fields examines how sports figures in the U.S. have used the law to regain control of their image. As she shows, decisions in the cases significantly affected the evolution of laws related to privacy, defamation, and publicity--areas pertinent to the lives of the famous sports figure and the n-famous consumer alike. She also tells the stories of why the plaintiffs sought relief in the courts, uncovering motives that delved into the heart of issues separating individual rights from the public's perceived right to kw. A fascinating exploration of a still-evolving phemen, Game Faces is an essential look at the legal playing fields that influence our enjoyment of sports.
- Author BiographySarah K. Fields is an associate professor in communication at the University of Colorado Denver. She is author of Female Gladiators: Gender, Law, and Contact Sport in America .
- Author(s)Sarah K. Fields
- PublisherUniversity of Illinois Press
- Date of Publication30/05/2016
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Series TitleSport and Society
- Place of PublicationBaltimore
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Illinois Press
- Weight476 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.