All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book takes a personal look inside some of the biggest moments of Miami's greatest players as The U morphed from a football program nearly disbanded in the 1970s to a national power. Three-time All-American and Pro Football Hall of Fame inductee Ted the Mad Stork Hendricks shares his thoughts on single-handedly dominating the LSU Tigers in 1967. Current Georgia head coach Mark Richt recalls getting pelted with oranges in Gainesville in 1980, then taking over for an injured Jim Kelly and leading the Canes to a 21-20 win over the Gators in 1981. Alonzo Highsmith remembers all four of his touchdowns in Miami's first victory at Notre Dame in 1984, where he wanted to jump out of the stadium ...and run over that leprechaun. Vinny Testaverde recounts the antics of Melvin Bratton and Alonzo Highsmith, who prank-called Brian Bosworth the morning before No. 1 Oklahoma invaded the Orange Bowl to take on the No. 2 'Canes, where Testaverde threw four touchdown passes in a 28-16 Heisman-clinching win. Gi Torretta describes the shot that kcked the wind out of him as he delivered the game-winning touchdown pass to Lamar Thomas in Miami's 19-16 Wide Right II victory. There are many more unforgettable moments in Game of My Life Miami Hurricanes that span different eras of Miami football, including conversations with former All-American Eric Winston, Super Bowl champion Jonathan Vilma, All-American wideout Santana Moss, and record-setting kicker Carlos Huerta. All share close and personal details of what they were thinking and feeling in the best games of their careers. Skyhorse Publishing, as well as our Sports Publishing imprint, are proud to publish a broad range of books for readers interested in sports--books about baseball, pro football, college football, pro and college basketball, hockey, or soccer, we have a book about your sport or your team. Whether you are a New York Yankees fan or hail from Red Sox nation; whether you are a die-hard Green Bay Packers or Dallas Cowboys fan; whether you root for the Kentucky Wildcats, Louisville Cardinals, UCLA Bruins, or Kansas Jayhawks; whether you route for the Boston Bruins, Toronto Maple Leafs, Montreal Canadiens, or Los Angeles Kings; we have a book for you. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to publishing books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked by other publishers and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyCraig Smith is an attorney and writer covering the 'Canes for SB Nation's StateOfTheU.com. He's also a former reporter, radio host, and member of the Pro Football Writers of America who covered the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for ESPN Radio Tampa Bay.
- Author(s)Craig T. Smith
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication18/09/2014
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Series TitleGame of My Life
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Content Note26 B&W illustrations
- Weight414 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.