All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHBO's hit series A GAME OF THRONES is based on George R R Martin's internationally bestselling series A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE, the greatest fantasy epic of the modern age. A GAME OF THRONES is the first volume in the series. Summers span decades. Winter can last a lifetime. And the struggle for the Iron Throne has begun. It will stretch from the south, where heat breeds plot, lust and intrigues; to the vast frozen rth, where a 700-foot wall of ice protects the kingdom from the dark forces that lie beyond. As Warden of the North, Lord Eddard Stark counts it a curse when King Robert bestows on him the office of the Hand. His hour weighs him down at court where a true man does what he will, t what he must...and a dead enemy is a thing of beauty. The old gods have power in the south, Stark's family is split and there is treachery at court. Worse, a vengeance-mad boy has grown to maturity in exile in the Free Cities beyond the sea. Heir of the mad Dragon King deposed by Robert, he claims the Iron Throne. In the game of thrones, you win or you die.
- Author BiographyGeorge R. R. Martin is the author of fourteen novels, including five volumes of A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE, several collections of short stories and numerous screen plays for television drama and feature films. He lives in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
- Author(s)George R. R. Martin
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication10/11/2011
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitleA Song of Ice and Fire
- Series Part/Volume NumberBook 1
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight1170 g
- Width159 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine53 mm
- Edition StatementRe-issue
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.