About this product
- DescriptionNOW THE ACCLAIMED HBO SERIES GAME OF THRONES Here is the first volume in George R. R. Martin s magnificent cycle of vels that includes A Clash of Kings and A Storm of Swords. As a whole, this series comprises a genuine masterpiece of modern fantasy, bringing together the best the genre has to offer. Magic, mystery, intrigue, romance, and adventure fill these pages and transport us to a world unlike any we have ever experienced. Already hailed as a classic, George R. R. Martin s stunning series is destined to stand as one of the great achievements of imaginative fiction. A GAME OF THRONES Long ago, in a time forgotten, a preternatural event threw the seasons out of balance. In a land where summers can last decades and winters a lifetime, trouble is brewing. The cold is returning, and in the frozen wastes to the rth of Winterfell, sinister and supernatural forces are massing beyond the kingdom s protective Wall. At the center of the conflict lie the Starks of Winterfell, a family as harsh and unyielding as the land they were born to. Sweeping from a land of brutal cold to a distant summertime kingdom of epicurean plenty, here is a tale of lords and ladies, soldiers and sorcerers, assassins and bastards, who come together in a time of grim omens. Here an enigmatic band of warriors bear swords of human metal; a tribe of fierce wildlings carry men off into madness; a cruel young dragon prince barters his sister to win back his throne; and a determined woman undertakes the most treacherous of journeys. Amid plots and counterplots, tragedy and betrayal, victory and terror, the fate of the Starks, their allies, and their enemies hangs perilously in the balance, as each endeavors to win that deadliest of conflicts: the game of thrones. From the Paperback edition.
- Author BiographyGeorge R.R. Martin sold his first story in 1971 and has been writing professionally since then. He spent ten years in Hollywood as a writer-producer, working on The Twilight Zone, Beauty and the Beast, and various feature films and television pilots that were never made. In the mid '90s he returned to prose, his first love, and began work on his epic fantasy series, A Song of Ice and Fire. He has been in the Seven Kingdoms ever since. Whenever he's allowed to leave, he returns to Santa Fe, New Mexico, where he lives with the lovely Parris, a big white dog called Mischa, and two cats named Augustus and Caligula, who think they run the place.
- Author(s)George R R Martin
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Weight726 g
- Width130 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine66 mm
- Read byRoy Dotrice
- Contained items statement28 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time2010
Best Selling in Audio Books
- AU $24.04New
- AU $46.12New
- AU $24.77New
- AU $7.55New
- AU $25.32New
Save on Audio Books
- AU $42.84Trending at AU $44.53
- AU $31.83Trending at AU $34.09
- AU $34.48Trending at AU $49.30
- AU $36.66Trending at AU $38.50
- AU $24.11Trending at AU $24.77
- AU $14.37Trending at AU $15.05
- AU $12.72Trending at AU $13.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.