All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- Description'Gamle Norge and Nineteenth-Century British Women Travellers in Norway' presents an account of the development of tourism in nineteenth-century Norway and considers the ways in which women travellers depicted their travels to the region. Tracing the motivations of various groups of women travellers, such as sportswomen, tourists and aristocrats, this book argues that in their writing, Norway forms a counterpoint to Victorian Britain: a place of freedom and possibility.
- Author BiographyKathryn Walchester is a lecturer in English and Cultural History at Liverpool John Moores University.
- Author(s)Kathryn Walchester
- PublisherAnthem Press
- Date of Publication01/12/2014
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleAnthem Studies in Travel
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAnthem Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.