All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere has never been a better time to take a gap year or career break, the recent ecomic climate has seen a rise in mature gappers, seizing their opportunity to see the world with wiser eyes. If you're thinking of taking a trip of a lifetime, be it with redundancy cheque in hand, career break, a much needed sabbatical, recent retirement or just grabbing life by the horns, Gap Years for Grown Ups is your essential guide to your time away. Covering everything you need to kw for your trip of a lifetime Gap Years for Grown Ups will help you prepare for your year out, from taking the plunge with your employer and what to pack for your travels to the practicals of your time out there and reaping the benefits of a gap year on your return home. Get the most from your travels with all the essential information on the range of opportunities available to professionals and mature gappers. Find out about specialist gap year schemes for adult gappers, jobs and voluntary opportunities across the world for all abilities and time scales, as well as help on how to choose the right gap year programme for you, whether you want to learn a new skill, go on a retreat or improve your career while you are away. Kw before you go and gain a real insight into what to expect while travelling with over 100 first-hand accounts from adult gappers, retirement gappers and those travellers who have been there and done it. Learn the tips for safe, successful travel, get insights on the best places, hidden treasures and the ideal experiences out there for adult gappers. Gap Years for Grown Ups also takes you through funding your trip with advice and insight on all the finance essentials, from budgeting and bargains to paying the mortgage and renting out your home whilst you're away. This practical guide will help you get to grips with the essentials for living and working abroad; the permits, red tape and contact details you need as well as information on family travelling and getting the most from your experiences for both you and your children.
- Author BiographySusan Griffith is the author of a number of bestselling travel titles including Teaching English Abroad, Work your way around the world and Your Gap Year.
- Author(s)Susan Griffith
- PublisherVacation - Work
- Date of Publication26/04/2011
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVacation - Work
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps,Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.