All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is unique. It is the first book to embark on a study of designers who demonstrate a deep understanding of the Australian environment and an ability to work creatively with it. It provides an invaluable overview of twenty three key garden and landscape designers of Australia. Anne Latreille traces their life stories and achievements. They comprise historic figures, current practitioners, some well-kwn, others much less so. They work in lush tropical forests and chilly mountains, arid deserts and rolling countryside, beside rivers and the sea, in close packed inner cities and spreading suburbs. They fit each garden design to its place, respecting the natural landscape character. In this way, this book takes us on a journey -- a search for meaning and significance. New and exciting, it reveals a clear and paramic vision. It moves us inside the designers' hearts and minds and shows how Australian energy and imagination can be transformative, inspiring and progressive. With research extending over fourteen years, it is a vital reference for anyone -- from professional designer to garden lover -- who seeks a broader understanding of designing gardens in Australia, w and in the future.
- Author BiographyAnne Latreille is the author of The Natural Garden, the life and work of Ellis Stones and Kindred Spirits - Jean Galbraith.
- Author(s)Anne Latreille
- PublisherBloomings Books Pty Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2013
- Place of PublicationHawthorn
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2013
- ImprintBloomings Books Pty Ltd
- Content NoteFull Colour Throughout
- Weight1408 g
- Width220 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.