All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe untold story of King Nebuchadnezzar's daughter For seven years the Babylonian princess Tiamat has waited for the mad king Nebuchadnezzar to return to his family and to his kingdom. Driven from his throne to live as a beast, he prowls his luxurious Hanging Gardens, secreted away from the world. Since her treaty marriage at a young age, Tia has lived an opulent yet oppressive life in the palace. But her husband has since died and she relishes her newfound independence. When a bleman is found murdered in the palace, Tia must discover who is responsible for the macabre death, even if her own freedom is threatened. As the queen plans to wed Tia to yet ather prince, the powerful mage Shadir plots to expose the family's secret and set his own man on the throne. Tia enlists the help of a reluctant Jewish captive, her late husband's brother Pedaiah, who challenges her tions of the gods even as he opens her heart to both truth and love. In a time when few gave their hearts to Yahweh, Tia must decide if she is willing to risk everything--her possessions, her gods, and her very life--for the Israelites' one God. Madness, sorcery, and sinister plots mingle like an alchemist's deadly potion as Tia chooses whether to risk all to save the kingdom--and her family. The biblical story of Babylonian King Nebuchadnezzar's seven years as a madman, found in the Old Testament Book of Daniel, deepens and broadens thanks to veteran author Higley's historical research and vivid imagination . . . Readers will find much to enjoy here: fine writing, suspense, mystery, faith, love, and a new look at an old story. -- Publishers Weekly Higley gives readers a dose of biblical history set in King Nebuchadnezzar's palatial gardens and a character like other in Tiamat, devoted daughter of a king gone mad. The author's insights into a woman's inner strength as she searches for the one true God will leave readers rejoicing. -- Romantic Times TOP PICK Her story will appeal t just to readers of historical fiction but also to those with an interest in biblical history. -- Booklist
- Author(s)T L Higley,Tracy Higley,Tracy L Higley
- PublisherRutledge Hill Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/05/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNashville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRutledge Hill Press,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width137 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Trade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound,Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $31.07New
- AU $21.61New
- AU $43.96New
- AU $25.09New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.48Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $79.46
- AU $72.93Trending at AU $75.10
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.32
- AU $59.72Trending at AU $61.98
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.89
- AU $22.29Trending at AU $22.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.