Gardens of the National Trust: Guide to the Most Beautiful Gardens by Stephen Lacey (Hardback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $44.70Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 13 Feb
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe National Trust has the finest collection of gardens in the United Kingdom. In this book Stephen Lacey paints a vivid historical and horticultural picture of the individual gardens, placing them firmly within the context of gardening history in Britain. All the major periods and styles of garden design are represented, ranging from the formality of early gardens such as Hanbury Hall and Ham House, magnificent 18th-century landscapes like Stowe and Croome Park and the heady Victorian creations of Biddulph Grange and Waddesdon Mar to the famous plantsmen's gardens of the last century, such as Nymans, Hidcote Mar and Sissinghurst Castle. Much has happened in the gardens of the National Trust since the last revision of this book, and this edition has been substantially revised to embrace recent restorations - tably of walled kitchen gardens in numerous properties - to introduce recently acquired properties, and to showcase superb new photography. Nine gardens make their debut in this new edition, the Trust having acquired Seaton Delaval Hall, Sunnycroft, Godolphin, Quarry Bank House and parts of the surrounding Styal estate, and undertaken improvements at Treasurer's House, Goddards, Wordsworth House and Sheringham. Woolbeding also opens for the first time, presenting the work of more contemporary garden designers. The book serves as a practical guide as well as a source of inspiration. Each entry gives details of soil type and climate and an appendix includes many other gardens to visit. In addition, there are practical features on different aspects of gardening, written by National Trust head gardeners. Glorious colour photographs illustrate the entries, complementing the text to bring the gardens to life.
- Author BiographyStephen Lacey is one of Britain's best-known garden writers. He is a long-standing columnist and feature writer for The Daily Telegraph and for ten years was a regular presenter on BBC Television's Gardeners' World. He lives in London and has a garden in north Wales.
- Author(s)Stephen Lacey
- PublisherPavilion Books
- Date of Publication21/07/2011
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNational Trust Books
- Content NoteColour photography throughout
- Weight1996 g
- Width240 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $29.85Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.72Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.