Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $72.93Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $90.94+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBryan Garner is the most trusted living usage expert of our day, and Garner's Modern English Usage is the preeminent guide to the effective use of the English language. With well over 6,000 entries on English grammar, syntax, word choice, punctuation, capitalization, spelling, and style, this book is adored by professional writers and general readers alike. In this major update to a timeless classic, Bryan Garner has dramatically expanded coverage of international English usage, making the volume for the first time a guide t only to American English usage, but to English usage around the globe. Interest in the English language is greater than ever; English is the lingua franca t only of higher education and academia, but of science, business, computing, aviation, and even - arguably - entertainment. An awareness of global English matters today as never before. To ensure that Bryan Garner's clear, unambiguous advice resonates with English-speakers worldwide, more than 2,000 entries have been revised to account for the nuances of English t only in the United States, but in Australia and New Zealand, the United Kingdom, Canada, and South Africa. Not everything has changed: readers will still find the popular Garner's Language-Change Index which registers where each disputed usage in modern English falls on a five-stage continuum from n-acceptability (to the language community as a whole) to acceptability, giving the book a consistent standard throughout. Bryan Garner's tools for scientific accuracy are, however, fully updated: this fourth edition benefits from usage data generated by Google Ngrams, which charts frequencies of any word or short sentence in sources printed after 1800. With thousands of concise entries, longer essays on problematic areas such as subject-verb agreement and danglers, and meticulous citations of the New York Times, Newsweek, and other leading journalistic sources, this fourth edition of Garner's Modern English Usage provides priceless reference information to anyone hoping to improve as a writer - worldwide.
- Author BiographyA best-selling legal author with more than a dozen titles to his credit, Bryan Garner is also the editor-in-chief of Black's Law Dictionary in all of its current editions. He has taught at numerous law schools, and is the president of LawProse, Inc., a Dallas-based company that provides writing and drafting seminars to lawyers and judges throughout the United States.
- Author(s)Bryan A. Garner
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication21/04/2016
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Weight2162 g
- Width184 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine63 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $22.45Trending at AU $24.03
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.