All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBritish artist Gary Hume first found international fame in the early 1990s, with his series of bold, abstract 'door paintings'. As one of the YBAs, his work was featured in 'Freeze' and Charles Saatchi's 'Sensation' exhibition and he has exhibited internationally since, becoming best kwn for vibrant, large-scale paintings, executed in planes of bold, glossy colour. A Turner-Prize minee and Royal Academician, Hume is a key figure in twentieth-century painting and a powerful influence on younger generations of contemporary artists.
- Author BiographyDavid Hickey is an American art and cultural critic. He has written for many American publications including Rolling Stone, Art News, Art in America, Artforum, Harper's Magazine, and Vanity Fair. He is currently Professor of English at the University of Nevada Las Vegas and Distinguished Professor of Criticism for the MFA Program in the Department of Art & Art History at the University of New Mexico. Caroline Douglas is Head of the Arts Council Collection.
- Author(s)Caroline Douglas,Dave Hickey
- PublisherHayward Gallery Publishing
- Date of Publication12/07/2011
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHayward Gallery Publishing
- Content Note100
- Weight567 g
- Width220 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.87Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $36.61Trending at AU $37.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.