All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBorn in 1962, Gary Hume emerged as one of the leading figures of the group of young artists working in London in the 1990s, kwn as the YBAs. After graduating from Goldsmiths College, London, in 1988, he achieved early success with paintings based on hospital doors, rendered with gloss on panel and displayed in groups of four. Despite their international success, Hume abandoned the formal maeuvring of the door series in the early 1990s, in favour of a simple, flat figurative and abstract paintings, featuring startling colour combinations and appropriated images ranging from animals to celebrities to flowers. Hume was minated for the Turner Prize in 1996, represented Britain at the Venice Biennale in 1999, and was elected a Royal Academician in 2001. His work has been the subject of a number of mographic shows in UK and Europe. Published to coincide with the joint exhibition Gary Hume and Patrick Caulfield at Tate Britain in June 2013, this book will include thirty paintings by Hume that concentrate on his more edgier-side, encompassing works from almost 20 years of his career as well brand new pieces. Including an introductory essay by Katharine Stout and an essay by US art writer Jack Bankowsky, this concise account of Hume's work is a timely addition to the bibliography of this important British contemporary painter.
- Author BiographyKatharine Stout is Curator (Contemporary British Art) at Tate.
- PublisherTate Publishing
- Date of Publication04/06/2013
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTate Publishing
- Content Note40 colour illustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width280 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byKatharine Stout
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.