All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book describes the tremendous progress that has been made in the development of gas separation membranes based both on irganic and polymeric materials. Materials discussed include polymer inclusion membranes (PIMs), metal organic frameworks (MOFs), carbon based materials, zeolites, as well as other materials, and mixed matrix membranes (MMMs) in which the above vel materials are incorporated. This broad survey of gas membranes covers material, theory, modeling, preparation, characterization (for example, by AFM, IR, XRD, ESR, Positron annihilation spectroscopy), tailoring of membranes, membrane module and system design, and applications. The book is concluded with some perspectives about the future direction of the field.
- Author BiographyProfessor Ahmad Fauzi Ismail is the Founding Director of Advanced Membrane Technology Research Center (AMTEC) and also the Dean of Research for Materials and Manufacturing Research Alliance of Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM). Professor Fauzi obtained a PhD. in Chemical Engineering in 1997 from University of Strathclyde and MSc. and BSc. from Universiti Teknologi Malaysia in 1992 and 1989 respectively. He is the author and co-author of over 350 refereed journals. He has authored 3 books, 25 book chapters and 3 edited books, 3 Patents granted 17 Patents pending. He has won more than 120 awards. Professor Fauzi's research focuses on development of polymeric, inorganic and novel mixed matrix membranes for water desalination, waste water treatment, gas separation processes, membrane for palm oil refining, photocatalytic membrane for removal of emerging contaminants and polymer electrolyte membrane for fuel cell applications. Professor Fauzi has involved extensively in R&D&C for multinational companies related to membrane-based processes for industrial application. Professor Takeshi Matsuura studied at the University of Tokyo and the Institute of Chemical Technology of the Technical University of Berlin. He was appointed to Professor Emeritus of the University of Ottawa upon his retirement in 2002 after serving as professor of the Department of Chemical Engineering (currently Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering) and the director of the Industrial Membrane Research Institute (IMRI). He also served at University Technology Malaysia (UTM), Skudai, Malaysia (currently at the Advanced Membrane Technology Research Centre (AMTEC) of UTM), as a distinguished visiting professor, in years 2007, 2009-2014. He delivered many lectures at overseas research institutions and international conferences. He has published about 450 papers in refereed journals, authored and co-authored 6 books and edited 8 books. Kailash C. Khulbe is a graduate of Agra University, India where he obtained the BSc, MSc and PhD. Degree. His doctoral thesis was on the kinetics of the oxidation of aldehydes, ketones and other related compounds by persulphate catalyzed by Ag+ ion. He joined Ottawa University (Chemical Engineering Department) in late 1960's and worked on different projects related with catalysts, bitumen, Oil, ESR, IR, X-ray analysis, Chromatography etc. He joined the Dr. T. Matsuura group (Industrial Membrane Research Institute (IMRI)) in the middle of 1990's and started work on synthetic membranes. His main interests are AFM, Synthetic Membranes (Polymeric/Inorganic), Water treatment etc. He published more than 350 articles, one book (AFM for synthetic membranes) and many chapters for different books.
- Author(s)Ahmad Fauzi Ismail,K. C. Khulbe,Kailash Khulbe,Takeshi Matsuura
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication29/04/2015
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note136 black & white illustrations, 33 colour illustrations, 49 black & white tables, biography
- Weight713 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.