All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
About this product
- DescriptionFor the first time in his life, Heribert Juli is unable to paint. On the eve of an important gallery exhibition, for which he's created thing, he's bored with life: he falls asleep while making love with his mistress, wanders from bar to bar, drinking whatever comes to his attention first, and meets the evidence of his wife Helena's infidelity with complete indifference. A fun-house mirror through which he examines the creative process, the life and loves of artists, and the New York art scene, Gasoline confirms Quim Monz as the foremost Catalan writer.
- Author BiographyQuim Monzo is considered to be the greatest Catalan writer of his generation. He has received numerous awards, including Serra d'Or magazine's prestigious Critics' Award four times. He has also translated numerous authors into Catalan, including Truman Capote and J. D. Salinger. Mary Ann Newman is the Director of the Catalan Center at New York University's Center for European and Mediterranean Studies. She is a translator, editor, and occasional writer on Catalan culture.
- Author(s)Quim Monzo
- PublisherOpen Letter
- Date of Publication15/06/2010
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationRochester, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOpen Letter
- Weight209 g
- Width160 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.