All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn observing the development of modern scientific kwledge, many indivi- duals have expressed concern over the rapid growth of information in various specialized disciplines. Over 100 years ago the first Secretary of the Smith- sonian Institution, and more recently Dr. Vannevar Bush while proposing the modern expansion of the National Institutes of Health, both ted prob- lems that prevented the proper utilization of information by individuals in medical and related scientific fields. These observations, tagether with con- comitant implications of future difficulty, are particularly pertinent to the field of oncology. The rapid evolution of the latter discipline has largely been aided by the incorporation of concepts and methods developed over a long period of time, and drawn from a wide variety of other scientific fields. The large body of discoveries that have contributed to our current understanding of neoplasia, however, cant be viewed as being made up of equal parts. They bring to mind Claude Bernard's view des determinismes simples et complexes in the physiological and biochemical regulation of bod- ily functions. He was able to observe that the most important and basic of physiologic processes were destined to be fewer in number than those of less fundamental and more highly specialized purpose. He understood that in the future development of medical science, sturlies of the lauer would occupy much of the time and attention of investigators, and were likely to contribute much to scientific literature.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication15/04/2013
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleSloan-kettering Institute Cancer Series
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note73 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight1171 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edited byMartin Lipkin
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1978
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.