All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.68
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $44.26Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.44
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $46.03
- AU $20.59Trending at AU $22.70
About this product
- DescriptionAction-packed Occult/Dark Fantasy ! Disclaimer: Non-religious. Can a condemned soul become God's weapon? A death row inmate, kwn as The Brit, on an isolated island is able to escape from his execution during a freak thunderstorm. Now, he finds himself fighting his way through the prison and protecting the very people who jailed him. Pursued by prisoners and guards that will t die and a mysterious inmate from his nightmares, The Brit has to lead the others to escape in order to save their souls and possibly his own. Fun, Quick Series Opener - Hack Dandy, 4 Stars The Brit, a death row inmate, escapes his electric-chair execution thanks to a major thunderstorm that kcks out the power at his island-prison. The Pastor, a quasi-friend on the inside, helps him out of the chair and they seem to be the only prisoners around. The Brit has a plan to escape, which is hindered as he faces off against prisoners and inmates that are hell-bent on capturing him by the commands of the Courier. This was a fun read and reminded me of The Rock (1996), in that I envisioned Alcatraz and Sean Connery. But , there are missiles or scientists-turned-hero. There is one specific scene that ends the action-packed and brutal man-against-the-odds thriller, and flips the switch on a pararmal sci-fi tale. Don't worry; there is still brutal action throughout. To tell more would risk entry into the spoiler-zone. This is the first I've heard of G.S. Luckett. The writing and editing are quite good and the story flows well from scene to scene. The book has a conclusion (as it should) and can stand alone as a full story. However, this is the intro to a set/series. A short read . Although this is subtitled as Can a condemned soul become God's weapon, it isn't a Christian or preachy book. Five Stars from Readers' Favorite - Dirah Blackman If you love suspense, you're definitely going to love Gates by G.S. Luckett....G.S. Luckett is an extremely creative writer. In this book, he turns a prison into a haunted house where many macabre secrets are hidden. Gates presents an exciting but unusual plot played out by very interesting characters who are thrown together in a desperate attempt to escape a tragedy....If you've ever wondered about evil and spiritual forces, you'll enjoy this book. Fantastic Read! - mizztara71, 5 Stars I read this story in one sitting. The action is n-stop. The scenes are very detailed and vivid. The characters are very well fleshed out. The author did a wonderful job of humanizing The Brit and telling his back story. I can see why he was chosen as a Reaper. I would recommend Gates and look forward to reading the next book in the series. The Reaper Book 1 is the first installment of a series where we find out how, The Reaper, is chosen and that he does more than shepherd lost souls. He maintains the balance between Heaven and Hell, that is threatened to be destroyed by an ongoing war. Some of God's instruments are tarnished.
- Author BiographyA little about myself. I live outside of Portland, OR. with my lovely wife and two sons. As a writer, most of my experience is with screenwriting over the last decade. I have found my strengths to be in genre films and that has transferred over into my novel writing. I would categorize my work more toward being between a novella and a novel. It is my quest to keep the writing detailed to pull you into the book's world but fast paced to make it exciting enough to continue. I have studied at Pierce College and UCLA online, with Certificates for Writing from Pierce College. I have won and placed in numerous National and International Screenwriting competitions over the years. I am currently converting the winning scripts into Genre Fiction. Hope you enjoy.
- Author(s)G S Luckett
- Date of Publication01/04/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight145 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.