All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSince the 1970s and 1980s, the study of immigration and ethnicity has grown to become an essential aspect of North American history. In Gathering a Heritage, Thomas M. Prymak uses the essays and articles he has written over the past thirty years as a historian of Ukrainian and Ukrainian Canadian history to reflect on the evolution of ethnic studies in Canada and the United States. The essays included in this book explore the history of Ukrainian and Slavonic immigration to North America and the literature through which these communities and their historians have sought to recapture their past. Each previously published essay is revised and expanded and several more appear here for the first time - including the fascinating story of French Canadian writer Gabrielle Roy's connections with Ukrainian Canadians and her tumultuous affair with a Ukrainian Canadian nationalist in pre-war London.
- Author BiographyThomas M. Prymak is a research associate of the Chair of Ukrainian Studies at the University of Toronto.
- Author(s)Thomas M. Prymak
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication22/12/2014
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Content Note2
- Weight680 g
- Width162 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.67
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.72
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.