Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.56
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.80
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.84
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.53
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.37
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $19.06
- AU $10.90Trending at AU $17.97
About this product
- DescriptionMany creatures make great classroom pets, but others just DO NOT! That's what the teacher says, anyway! When second graders Benny and Jacob bring a baby alligator to school in a cardboard box, their teacher, Mrs. Nichols, has an important message to share. A baby gator is NOT a good classroom pet! she explains. As an impromptu pet safari unfolds, Mrs. Nichols helps her students identify which creatures are suitable for school and which animals are better housed elsewhere! Her last-minute lesson soon leads to an exuberant naming game, with students clamoring to compare turtles with Gila monsters, hamsters with grizzly bears, and much more. Following the story, a well-researched curriculum guide captivates young readers, helping them develop a deeper respect for nature. Narrated by a beloved classroom pet nicknamed Sozer, Gator, Gator Second Grader cleverly draws young readers into the story from word one ( Howdy! ), making them feel like part of Mrs. Nichol's lively second grade classroom. As students compare and contrast a wide variety of animals, they quickly learn to recognize which creatures make good pets and which creatures do best in the zoo or in their natural habitats. The book's accompanying curriculum guide expertly introduces students to gerbils like Sozer and provides an in-depth look at American alligators. With language and pictures masterfully crafted for early elementary readers, Gator, Gator, Second Grader provides parents and educators with a trusted resource to help students learn more about nature. As Benny and Jacob soon come to realize, Some animals are safe, fun pets, but alligators belong in the wild!
- Author BiographyConrad J. Storad is a national award-winning author of more than 40 science and nature books for young readers. His newest titles are Arizona Way Out West & Wacky, and Arizona Way Out West & Witty, fun history/activity books. AZ Witty was named OneBookAZ for Kids in 2012 by the Arizona State Library. AZ Wacky was a national finalist for the 2012 Benjamin Franklin Award for nonfiction. USA Book News named his Rattlesnake Rules as 2011 Best Children's Non-Fiction Picture Book. Alex Lopez is a self-taught artist whose career initially developed in the video game industry, where he worked for SEGA, 2K Games and Konami. He has also provided artistic production and management services for Disney Interactive, Dynamite Comics and Stanford University. Lopez is proficient with numerous print, digital and multimedia genres and currently serves as an art director, building and training artistic teams.
- Author(s)Conrad J. Storad
- PublisherFive Star Publications
- Date of Publication17/09/2014
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationChandler
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFive Star Publications
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight140 g
- Width205 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Illustrator(s)Alex Lopez
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.